How many times have you heard about someone trying to find a way to boost their immune system? With the on coming cold and flu season, here are seven natural and healthy ways to super charge and strengthen your immune system from within.
- Vitamin C – A powerful antioxidant has strong immune properties (Vitamins A and E also)
- Echinacea – Plant source good for the immune and lymph systems
- A healthy Diet – Primarily fruits and vegetables, with nuts, seeds and grains (high Fiber); reduce high fats, meats and sugar which suppress immunity
- Garlic – Immune enhancer
- Reduce Stress – Through yoga, meditation, reducing worry etc… Stress severely hampers immune response
- Regular Exercise – Reduces stress and elevates mood thus increasing immunity
- Regular Chiropractic Care – An optimal spine and nerve system – a powerful immune booster
Recent research demonstrates that our nervous system plays an integral role in regulating our immune response. Dr. David Felton M.D. Ph.D., explains that “Nerve fibers go into virtually every organ of the immune system and form direct contacts with the immune system calls… if you took the nerves or nerve flow away… you virtually stop the immune responses in their tracks.”
Dr. Candace Pert Ph.D., a prominent neuro-immunologist, explains that these immune centers are found in the spinal cord within the spinal column. Knowing this, we are now beginning to understand how and why specific chiropractic spinal adjustments to remove nerve interference greatly enhance our immune response.
Dr. Pat Brennan Ph.D. conducted a research study to look at the impact of chiropractic adjustment on specific immune cells of out body called Polymorphous nuclear neutophils or PMNs. She found that PMN levels increased significantly when measured 15 minutes after a specific chiropractic adjustment. This correlated to a major boost in immune status. Other studies have shown this to be maintained over time for patients under chiropractic wellness care.
You don’t get colds, flus or pneumonia because of the bacteria and viruses that constantly surround us, you get them because a weakened immune system reduces your body’s ability to protect itself and stay healthy. Supercharge your immune system naturally from within.